Looking for Teeth Whitening in Danville? Yearning for a bright youthful smile?
Dr. Clements offers a full range of cosmetic dentistry including professional teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is the #1 requested and performed cosmetic dental procedure. Teeth whitening (sometimes called teeth bleaching) is a procedure that brightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration.
Throughout the day a thin coating of bio film collect on teeth, the bio film can attract stains that can be trapped in the pores of tooth's enamel.
Teeth whitening by a dental professional is key as cavities need to be treated before teeth are whitened. Cavities are problematic because whitening solution can penetrate the cavity allowing decay to reach inner areas of a tooth. People with good dental health may also use a kit to whiten teeth at home. However, in a single office visit, teeth whitening performed by a dental professional will produce brighter results that are more consistent in color across all teeth.
The most common type of home teeth whitening involves placing a gel-like whitening solution, which usually contains hydrogen peroxide, in a tray that resembles a Nightguard or mouth guard. Over-the-counter mouthpieces are unlikely to fit correctly and can cause gum irritation if the whitening agent seeps out. The tray is then placed over the teeth for a certain period of time, anywhere from an hour or two to overnight.
One of the least expensive cosmetic procedures is bonding. The materials used in bonding can be formed and polished to match neighboring teeth. It is most commonly used to improve the appearance of a chipped or discolored tooth or to close small gaps between teeth.
In order to make a filling appear almost invisible to the naked eye, composite fillings are often used. These fillings are designed to match your natural tooth color and are bonded to your teeth, which makes them less likely to fall out. These fillings are used to replace older fillings made of silver or gold. Tooth colored fillings have a more aesthetic appearance, can be completed in one visit, form a strong seal and are less likely to crack a tooth.
Lumineers porcelain veneers offer the painless way to a permanently whiter and perfectly aligned smile. Lumineers are a contact lens-thin 'smile shapers' that are applied to teeth without any grinding or shaving of your natural teeth. Lumineers transform teeth into a naturally beautiful appearing smile that looks perfect for every individual. Lumineers can even be placed over existing crown or bridgework without having to replace them.
- No shots
- No grinding away tooth structure
- Could be a reversible procedure
What is a dental Veneer?
A veneer procedure is a popular cosmetic procedure. Porcelain is known as one of the best materials for esthetic dental procedures, because it mimics tooth enamel very closely. Veneers are extremely thin (usually less than 0.5 mm thickness), giving them enamel-like translucency, creating a natural appearance. They are about as thick as a contact lens. There is very little tooth preparation before the veneer application.
Porcelain veneers are attached to your teeth using a dental bonding glue or cement. Although veneers are very thin, once bonded to your teeth they become strong. The process is fast and conservative. First, your teeth are prepared and impressions are sent to a dental laboratory along with the design for your new smile. Veneers may be recommended along with other cosmetic procedures in order to produce optimum results.
Veneer Procedure Steps:
- Your teeth are cleaned so that only your natural tooth is exposed. Old surface restorations are removed.
- In some cases the tooth is etched so the veneers will adhere more easily.
- An impression is taken of the tooth area where the veneers are to be placed and sent to the lab for fabrication.
- When the veneers are ready, your dentist will check the fit along with its future appearance, then permanently bond them to your teeth.
- After the veneer is set, it is shaped and polished to look like a natural tooth and fall in line with surrounding teeth.
Veneer Procedure Benefits:
- You can have your porcelain veneers and a beautiful new smile in as little as just two office visits!
- Very little tooth alteration to your natural teeth and does not affect neighboring teeth.
- Gap space between teeth can be closed without the use of braces.
- Veneers can add tooth length to worn down teeth.
- Veneers can add tooth shape and thickness.
- Veneers can cover broken or chipped teeth so that they look like healthy normal teeth.
- Veneers can renew the color of stained teeth.
- There is no dark line at the base of the tooth like some dental crowns occasionally have.
- The porcelain material is stain-resistant for lasting beauty and integrity.
Porcelain Veneers vs. Lumineers
- Lumineers is a specific brand of porcelain veneers, which use a patented porcelain material known as Cerinate. They are even thinner than traditional veneers.
- Lumineers require very little or no tooth reduction. They are a great choice if your teeth only need minor changes, to if they are set back slightly.
- Traditional veneers may be a better choice if you are looking to make more dramatic changes.